View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Power User

Ended up buying a new tire a few weeks back, the rubicons are pretty scarce, don't think they're in production any longer.

Haven't had too much time to ride lately, took it out after work today and managed to get a video done of all the little ins and outs of my back lot "test" area. Something always broke before i could go all the way around or i didn't have the camera on. I "added" a new part to it -- sort of a hole with a rock wall to get over. Most of the ride has been seen in my other vids, (except the drive over the log and up the back hill where i broke the steering arm on another stump) just looks a lot different with most of the trees gone. I also flush cut my favorite steering arm eating stump--well one of them at least. lol one calamity today was a stall after riding on the golf course follwed by a strong smell of gas--fuel line popped off and since it's gravity fed was dumping out pretty fast, got lucky and nothing went "foomp!"

At the end of the vid is the second time I've used the lights, these are Petersen manufacturing driving/fog lights for a truck, got them from my late father-in-law's garage ages ago, still brand new in the box. These are 565-2s, 55 watts, model is no longer made and probably date to the late 80s/early 90s. reflection off the shock reservoirs is tricking the gopro's meter into underexposing -- making it look darker than it really was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN-wDiE5iZI&feature=plcp