View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Troubleshoot my GY6 Yerf

Had the Yerf for about a year now (3rd owner) and everything's been great. Then we had some people over and an adult (200 lbs or so) and a teen (150 lbs) drove it together... now the front right tire is rubbing and there is no high end power. The engine starts fine, sounds fine. The engines seems fine as you drive at first, but as you give it more gas, it doesn't respond... rpms also don't seem to rev higher as more gas pedal is given. It doesn't have that loud high end sound when you floor it. It's lost about 50% of it's top speed... down to about 12 mph I'd guess. Engine doesn't sputter, but does slightly sound as if it's bogging down a bit. I was thinking with all that weight they "stripped" the gears or something? I'm no mechanic at all. I did check the oil and it is low (just a little showing on the stick (1/8th of an inch). It was driven a lot that night. I have never cleaned the carberator or airfilter or added oil... do you think it just needs servicing, or do you think with their weight, it damaged something? Thanks for the help!