View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 05:18 PM

I'm in the same boat jman, looking to upgrade entire front end and add some height too. I am told snowmobile shocks do well, and some say small cc quads are good too. Your stockers measure ~9.75" eye to eye, so something in the 10" range would likely set you nice without having to mod anything. I'm looking at 12-13" for mine but I will end up with longer A-arms after the heims are in place and bulkhead is done, so I will likely have to play with the shock mount locations to find a good compromise between height and ride quality.

If you are curious, the more straight up and down the shock is mounted, the softer the ride will be but may open you up to bottoming out. I might suggest making bracket with a few holes in it to play around with the shock angle to fine tune your suspension. Some C-channel or even rectangular tubing with one side cut out would do nicely.

If you don't mind the price tag, BD has a nice looking 3" lift kit for the Yerf's, I'm holding out till someone posts some feedback on them before I buy.