View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Power User

yeah, it's a little tough, but i can follow it. the blue wires out of the case have to be the stator/magneto. there's 3 coming out. was gone all day, just took a peek at it and the insulation on the wires is cracked right where they exit the solid material of the pickup "plug." Something tells me this thing should run, going to remove the plug, maybe it's just a broken wire. parts are really scarce for these things though ... and pricey for the few used ones that are floating around. Compression-wise it feels ok by the "finger on the hole" test. Other than the typical grime, it doesnt' look like this was a leaker and hte exhaust, while rusted out, is intact at the flange. plug end was dirty and kind of worn, but has strong spark. was hoping my brother had a compression tester fitting for it, but no such luck. as to id, the frame plate from what i recall id'd it as a 250 LTE, either 1984 or '85. the 250R is a bit of a different animal from what i remember. Amazingly it still had the clear plastic envelope with computer punch card wired to the back of the engine. all in one piece, but very faded.

Last edited by x-bird; 01-12-2013 at 07:23 PM.