View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 10:56 PM
Power User

back at it again;
managed to get the side cover off to visually inspect the stator. (nothing like the good old indian rope trick) all appeared fine and checked it with a multimeter today.

stator coil is not shorted. getting about 5 ohms between the 3 yellow leads off the coils.

I'm thinking the pickup/trigger coil is bad. it has continuity between ground and the magnet and ground and the notch on the edge of it. When i unscrewed it, it looked like there was a piece of a small metal tab that went from the exposed notch around the bottom edge. There is no continuity between the notch and the green or orange coil wires and no continuity between the magnet and the green or orange coil wires.

Do the stator resistance values sound correct? I have no manual or specs.

Should the magnet have continuity between it and the orange wire (what i'm assuming)?

can the trigger coil be replaced by itself or is it only available with the complete stator assembly?

Masterbates; any chance if i end up needing parts that you'd be willing to sell any off it? It'd likely be the coil and stator assy. flywheel bolt's a tough nut, gotta have an impact or really big breaker bar to get that puppy loose.