Thread: Honda ATC help
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 05:54 PM

Interesting, the actual sensor is not what I need to replace, its the rotor that bolts to the camshaft. Mine does have a pigtail for the sensor ring, so theres that. I could even get away with just the advance weights, as that is the part that is actually broken, all the rest seem ok visually. I have located a source for the cam, a cam from an xr200 fits in there, and has a bit more lift and duration than the 200s cam, and they are less than half what honda wants, so thats a win win in my book. I thought about using a bit of epoxy to reattach the part, but as it is the actual piece that advances the rotor, I don't think it would hold for very long, and not at any speed either. That spark advancer is where all the money is, the ring from honda was around $35, but its not really needed. All of the used ones I find, are listed for the 185/185s/200/200s/200e which I know the only difference between the s and e is electric start, and the difference between the 185 and 200 is just displacement. I might take a gamble and pick up a used one off ebay and hope for the best.