View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 05:43 PM

WARNING: this is just my personal opinion!!!!

Honestly, I've tried the Dr. Pulley and the Koso varaiators and found very little if any gain from them. A teflon coated one MIGHT have a little benefit, but I think the only vari that might actually make a noticeable gain would be the DR2. I'd save your $ for that if you are looking for a performance variator. Now if your stock vari is damaged or worn and in need of an alternative, that's another story. If you're looking for a larger variator (115mm) over the stock 112mm, remember that you will also need a 115mm drive face. The Dr. P comes with that, but the Koso doesn't, so add the cost of another drive face to it if you want a true 115mm variator.

Personally, I like sliders myself. They work well in the stock variator. Those I feel are worth the $. I am running 12g sliders on mine and seem to work very well.

Sorry, I was incorrect. You are right.

Shims should be placed between the drive face and the pin boss as you show in yiour diagram to sit the belt lower as describe. I apologize for that.

Although you can go with the old trick of shaving .020" off the variator boss pin (large chrome pin) if you want to squeeze the halves closer together for more top speed.