View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Contributor

On the red buggy with the dr2 from kid n me it came with the larger rollers and no fan pulley. I used a stock fan outer pulley and noticed the belt sat high on the variator.
After realising the valve spring shim is the same inside diameter as the crank shaft I put it between the pin and the variator on my work bench and measured it too make sure it wouldnt be too much. Make sure it dosnt over extend your variator on the three bushings
when both pulleys are at max travel. The shims I have are about .75/.80mm thick just under 1mm. I have ran this shim on our last two trips and it helped out on take off and at fast idle it dosnt try to drive away like before.

I just maesured the worn out Dr pulley fan that I just replaced on the wifes blue buggy verses a stock fan and the dr pulley has a raised up part about 1.05mm in the center that puts the pulleys further apart.

I also tried the shim with the Dr pulley fan and it was too much and the belt was not in contact with the pulleys just sitting on the pin.

If you have a performance variator it may not work if the fan has a raised center or longer pin.

Just make sure with the pulleys put together and the shim between the pin and variator you dont over extend the 3 guide bushings.

I like the dr2 because it has 20mm rollers and they havent flat spotted yet after three years, about 15 2 day trips to the desert. It came with 11/9 10/8 rollers I like it with the 9/8 combo and the belt still climbs all the way up the variator. Probally the 1500rpm torque spring is weak, but works reallly good so Im not going to change it.

Next mod the 43/13 internal gears with 31/16t.