View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Heavy Contributor

@rebellin I noticed that mike said he had a 3000rpm spring and that seemed a bit much. I haven't tried a 2000rpm so I can't say, but I do like the performance of the 1500rpm in mine. I did see first hand in my CVT that the sliders pushed the belt to the top of my variator when the rollers would not. I would not go back.

@xlint I have a 115mm drive face and a 107mm variator so I'm looking for a 115mm variator. I also have a busted drive face so I need one anyways. At least then I would have 115mm on both sides. The trick to getting more from the 115 is getting that belt to travel all the way to the top at WOT. May only make a few mph difference but I'll bite. I do agree with the opinion on the DR2 but it will be some time before I have upgrade funds again and I can afford the Koso.

@johnny I like the idea of those 20mm rollers that don't get flat spots. I used a bit of graphite powder on my ramps in hopes that this would slow the flat spot development. Sounds to me like you have yours tuned just right and if it ain't broke..........

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c
I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.