View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 06:55 AM

I only had mine running for about 2 hours before I decided to tear it down, and as big guy, it did alright, but I did not take it off road. It really depends on what you want, and what you are willing to do, the stock engine puts out roughly 8hp and 8ft-lbs of torque, and with the CVT, you make it better low range or gear it for top end. Some guys have recorded 40mph or better on theirs, but that was with a good amount of mods done to the engine.

I decided to look for a different engine for mine based solely on the fact I wanted a gearbox over a CVT.

Take a look around here and search yerf dog spiderbox and you will be able to see some of the weak areas on the 3206/3209 frames, mainly in the front end, balljoints, spindles, a-arms, and so on, so it would be an undertaking to make it a serious off road machine, but if you were to buy a different machine, you might be looking at $500+. It's really up to you, and what you are willing to do, and what you are capable of doing, welding is a plus, basic mechanical skills are a must, the rest we can help with.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'