Thread: climbing issues
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 08:02 PM

I'd like to echo what has already been said, yes the sliders will work in a stock variator.

If you want to experiment with a new variator, I hear the Kid n Me or the Motorio DR2 works quite well for about the same $$$ as the Dr P.

It uses 2 different ramps to boost bottom end as well as top speed. It includes weights with the kit, so if you want to go that route, you don't need to buy the sliders. OR you can buy it, and try the sliders with it as well. I think a member or 2 are using sliders in theirs?

It's a shame about your neighbors. The exhaust is pretty restrictive on some of these karts and can lead to a decent performance boost when opened up and the carb is rejetted.
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........