View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Lurker

Default Carb flooding badly....need suggestions

Yerf Dog Spiderbox with complete replacement engine from BMI Karts. No hoses or anything have been changed from the way the unit was shipped to me. It runs fine sometimes with no issues at all. Other times it just floods so badly that gas pours out of the carb throat. Before I figured out what was going on, it had filled the air filter housing to the point that it saturated the filter.

It doesn't do this all the time but today while we were riding it, it was running great then it started to lose a little power and stumble a bit when the throttle was stabbed. I shut it off for a few minutes to take a break, then it wouldn't start again. I pulled the plug and it was soaked with fuel. I put a spark tester on the plug wire to check for fire and it was a-okay, but when the engine spun over loads of fuel shot out. I pulled the air filter inlet tube from the carb and just as I suspected....fuel pouring out again

I've read that the enrichener valve can sometimes cause this. My question is that if it can cause the problem, can I just unhook it and be done with it? I'd much rather worry about a little cold-natured running for a few minutes rather than worry about running the engine without realizing the engine oil has been diluted with fuel after it was parked for a few days.