View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 09:04 AM

There are brand name parts out there, mostly from Taiwan (Taiwan parts are actually considered better as noted above). Names like NCY, Hoca, Ruima, Taida, Prodigy, Motoritec, Koso, Motorio, Naraku, etc...

The ones with no name, I would consider to be "generic" brand mostly from China. I actively seek out name brand parts thinking that they MIGHT be better quality, but really have no way of knowing without trying them all.

As for prices, yeah, they vary greatly for no real reason. Although, as Tom has said in the past, China doesn't throw anything away. If there is a shipment of parts that don't meet a buyers specification, they don't get thrown out. They just get sold to someone else at a cheaper price. That may be why you see identical parts at cheaper prices.

And some people really are just looking to gouge buyers.
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........

Last edited by xlint89; 06-02-2013 at 09:08 AM.