Thread: new spiderbox
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew1320 View Post
how would I be able to fit those on the front (spiderbox rear tires)? Would I be able to use the rear hubs and rims for the front or do a I have to get a different size hub and rim?
You would need to buy hubs to go on the axle stubs, stock stub diameter is 5/8", but the factory ones are cheap and will bend or break, if they haven't already.

Probly the best all around approach, is to cut off the existing stub, and weld in a new grade 8, 3/4" bolt. You will need to drill through both the front and rear of the spindle and run the bolt through, and then weld it on both sides. You can find plenty of 3/4" ID bearing hubs at various suppliers, but I doubt you will find any with the stock yerf bolt pattern, which is 4/110mm, they will most likely be the popular 4/4" bolt pattern, which golf carts and trailers use. If you need, I have some golf cart wheels here I can send you, that will match the tires and hubs. PM me if you want these rims.

Another way( the way I went), is to use weld in trailer axle stubs, I ran 1" spindle, rated at 2k lbs. with high speed tapered roller bearings with the 4/4" pattern. Check my build thread and you can see how massive they look, but I will not have any issues with them, and they are inexpensive for the entire kit.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'