View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Helix engine

Manco builds tough engines. From the photos, the battery and muffler are missing. I see the ground wire to the engine is disconnected as well as the black cover over the CVT. Check to see if the starter is present.

If I were you, I would 1) check the oil to see its condition and how much oil is in the engine, 2) try to turn over the engine by hand using the driving CVT pulley, 3) check the wiring in the electrical box for presence and condition. If the wiring is intact and in good condition, I would remove the spark plug, use jumper cables from a car battery (without the car engine running), and turn over the engine.

If the oil is good and the engine turns over either by hand and/or starter, I would offer $50 to $100 for the buggy in its condition. You will have to disassemble the kart to repaint it, rebuild the seats, probably replace the seat belts, and get the engine running. I believe you could get the cart running and restore it for about
$200-250 plus price of the cart if the oil is good and the engine turns over. I think this kart developed a no run problem and was left out in the elements where most of the damage has occurred. How much does the owner want? Scrap value is about $40 for a 400# kart, so start from there.