View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 09:31 AM
Lite Contributor

Default Newbie from VA, Spiderbox

Finally got signed in here, seems like some good info to be found on the site! Wish I had found it before I made some repair and upgrade decisions about my daughters "new" Spiderbox.

We found a running but let's say redneck engineered late model Spiderbox near us for $165 about a month ago. We have wanted her to have a go kart for sometime and think she is old enough and tall enough now to handle it properly, she is 10.

I looked at the kart at night and since it started right up and moved I bought it and put it on the trailer. The next day we discovered MANY repairs and so forth that did not seem quite right to me so a tear was in order.

It is now headed to the blaster and then to the chrome shop for some parts to be dipped and I will be painting the chassis. Expected an order from Buggy Depot today with our upgraded a-arms, HD ball joints and steering knuckles and some other little stuff.

With any luck it may be back on the road in the next 2 weeks. I think we have one picture of it as purchased so I can post it later.