View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 02:40 PM
Contributor

The bell is a ncy bell with drilled cooling holes and it is good condition, the pads are getting thin and it takes more rpm to get them to grab and with the torque of the 183cc motor it slips on hard take off. So with a new clutch the 10.5 12 rollers should be good.
I like sliders over rollers but for some reason they keep falling back and get stuck in mid travel on this motorio 18x14 variator.
The kid n me 20x17 variator in my buggy is awesome with the lightest rollers 8/9g. I tried the 9/11g first then the 8/10g and still upshifted too fast so I put 8/9gs in and it works great. The big torque spring is a yellow 1500rpm and is a couple years old, may be time for a new torque spring. Wait a minuet I need to leave the red buggy alone because it is a power house even when it gets warm. The blue buggy with all the motor work is great on hills and coming out of a corner but high rpm falls off due to the bigger stroke and piston weight.

When I build the red buggy motor I will go with the 3mm crank but keep the smaller piston to keep the friction and drag down. The 183cc motor also doesn't feel smooth at rpm like the 155cc motor. Even at idle it has a different vibration and sound.