View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova@gmail.com View Post
Ok, an upjet will be in the next stage, I was getting a little backfire, which I believe indicates a lean condition. How big of an issue is the chain adjuster? I was trying to look to find a chain slack tolerance and I came across a thread about how it will break and wreck a bunch of stuff. Any idea on how much chain slack there should be?

Also, I would like to eliminate any extra noises that I can. I think the chain guard is really vibratey. I see that coating the floor with Bedliner can be helpful.
Chain slack should be between 3/8-5/8" when properly adjusted. Any tighter and you put strain on the internal bearings, any more slack and the chain might skip a tooth on acceleration. I would definitely look into a better adjuster, and possibly beefing up the bracket on the swing arm as well.

As for the noises, try taking pieces off and see what is making noise, I think mine made the same noise before I tore it down, but I wasn't concerned with it as I was doing an engine swap.

P.S. look into better seat belts as well, the originals were a joke and you don't want to gamble with that area, 5 point harnesses are preferred, and the Yerf's already have the correct openings for them in the bottom.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'

Last edited by Masteryota; 09-25-2013 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Seat Belts!!