View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 05:17 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyrz View Post
compression test?

whenever ive cracked a ringland or popped a piston oil/oil vapor shoots out of any open hole on the motor

but the engine usually smokes when this happens

i just reread your initial post and i noticed it gushed oil when the motor was off

im not even sure how that is possible unless there is a pressure buildup AND too much oil at the same time

this ones kind of a head scratcher.............
Your correct , usually when you have blow by you will have excessive pressure in the crank but it will vent through the breather hose at the cover. If really bad it will smoke usually when you get on it. The most common causes for his problem is either plugged vent, too much oil or fuel entering the oil to where the crank is so overfilled it will gush out of the dip stick when removed. This is why it is important to have all the questions asked answered. Since we do not have the buggy right in front of us we need the engines vital signs. If we don't have the vital signs then it becomes an uneducated guess. relating back some posts I noticed the answer to does oil smell of gas and the answer was yea but not too bad. The oil should not have any smell of fuel to it. If so fuel is leaking into the oil and diluting it as well as overfilling the crank which will definitely raise the crank pressures. So that needs to be corrected as well as a compression test run on the engine.