View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 08:32 PM
Power User

My advice... You're young I take it --14-17 y.o.? Hold on to the yerf--i'm sure you've read plenty of upgrade and build threads here and seen what they can become. if you haven't search and read some more. All of these buggies have their flaws--even new--some of those even more than the used ones. the yerfs are pretty light, the howhit a good engine, combined it's one of the quickest of the 150s in stock form.

Part 2-- a longshot, but ... See if you can't find a local small engine/mower/motorcycle repair or welding shop---an old school one with a grumpy old man running it out of his garage or older shop. offer up some good old fashioned labor (shop cleaning, parts stripping/cleaning, heavy lifting etc.) in exchange for a little less than minimum wage -- under the table -- and the agreement to get some help on your yerf--or even flat up trade your labor for the help with the repairs. what you could learn in such a situation is experience that cant' be taught in any school these days.

the fact that you feel sad that your sad about the cart is telling you'll regret parting ways with it too soon.

What it needs isn't all that complex. Ignore the lack of reverse for now. Ask for some front suspension parts for christmas if you can't get it built "safe" (really-those ball joints are just begging to unleash the hounds of mechanical mayhem on you) by then. personalize (lights, paint, body cladding) it with a little bit of spending here and there.