View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 06:49 PM
Heavy Contributor

They contacted us today (about 1hour after we came and informed them of our displeasure of them working on it 3hours out of the 3 weeks it was there) and said they fixed it!

Apparently, there was a small metal piece inside the gearbox (I'll give details later) that wasn't allowing the gears to change via cable, making it EXTREMELY difficult to pull the cable out. I had a feeling something was amiss when a) the cable wouldn't come out sometimes and b) it took me leaning into a pull to pull it out... SO yep, something was broken. Now it works fine and since we don't have a trailer, nor the time to rent one during their open hours (I'm at school, or my dad is at work) they are gonna deliver it...

$289 later, I learned a lesson. Always spend a little more up front, especially when it comes to high-use parts. Total cost for reverse......

100$ gearbox from Talon
30$ PROPER cable from BD
$50 attempted uses for bike cables
10$ assorted mounting solutions for the lever
$289 goddamn shop work to fix the gearbox

TOTAL: $479. More than DOUBLE what the BD kit costs on sale. All that wasted money is beginning to piss me off as it could have been spent on tires or other non-offroad things I'm interested in (perhaps a phone thats not 5 years old?). Eh...Just gotta live and learn I guess. Next time I think I'll heed by the lesson learned. At least I can change my sig from "Reverse Gearbox (W.I.P)" to "Reverse Gearbox."
Heavy Duty Chain Tensioner
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!