View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 08:46 AM
Heavy Contributor

Forgot. Was looking at it yesterday, then got P.O.ed. I didn't notice this before, but the rear cross member, of the spider box. The main Bar in back that mounts the rear of the engine, to the back end of the Box. That big round curved bar in the very back. It's cracked almost completely through. The bottom support one is still OK. So there is another repair. Have few questions. I'm not sure when I will get a welder to be able to patch it up. Still safe to drive since bottom one is OK? I'm guess not a good idea. Then 2nd question. What caused this? Would it be because it being Rolled? Or could it be just basic the rough riding on the trails? Engine torqueing when taking off? I know a pic would help greatly and will try to get that as well. But it's cracked just about an inch on the passenger side of the engine mounting bracket. That's what got me curious, was location. Or is this a normal trouble spot for the spiders?
Guess one other question. I do have 2 spare spinder box cages. 1 in new condition. Thought about doing a quick swap out. However, Id still half to weld new mounting brackets for the reverse box. (way I have it setup). If this is a normal problem, should I take the newer one, and re-inforce it? and if so, how, and where do I do it? If it's not a normal problem, then will just put the newer one on this winter as is.

And yes, the YD's are easy to roll. Which kinda P.O.ed me when they did roll them. Told them the danger spots, and where to take it easy at. Guess what, they rolled it where I told them to slow down at.