View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 08:15 AM
Heavy Contributor

Not sure what clutch it was. I'll get up on where ever I bought it, and see if cant find a name for it. Here are some pics of what I'm talking about.
They was trying to tell me that I didn't have it installed correctly, and the clutch wasn't making the correct contact. And if so, it would just make contact on the edges of bell. After sending these pics, they wouldn't get back to me.

Hard to tell from the pic, but pads are 1/3 less surface area, against the bell then a stock one. As you can see from pic, the contact area is very small. Can see contact area, from the pads, and the bell.

I still have the thing. Still pretty much brand new. Was thinking of using maybe the bell, with the stock clutch pads. See what kind of contact it would make. However, more work than I want to do, for something that may or maynot help. Maybe next time I get in there, I'll play with it. Maybe get some kind of use out of it. Think I paid around $150.00 for the kit.
However, the D2 looks like something I will look into.

Not sure of all the terms. What do you mean by "Shorty"? different type of clutch? Smaller?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bell clutch.jpg (88.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg bell.jpg (92.8 KB, 12 views)