View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 10:15 PM
Supporting Vendor

the work continues.....
needed to replace the floor board under the seats, it's made out of plastic and had cracked from the weight of the georgia clay. i used it as a template and grabbed a sheet of aluminum and traced it. w/ the plasma cutter cut it out and then used a hole saw to cut the seat bolt access holes. drilled out the mounting holes and bolted it in . after that was installed i bolted in the seat brackets i had made and test fit the assembled seat to make sure everything worked. sunday morning was to see what i had to do to change shocks i pulled out all of the decent shocks that might fit the bill as replacements but i didnt have a set of fronts the length i needed. then i thought that maybe i would do something w/ the Fox Airs on the crosshammer. i went in my storage bay and pushed it over to the shop. the poor neglected beast had 2 flats a dead battery and now i was about to rob it of it's most expensive components. i put it up on jack stands and took off the rears. the rear shocks are 16 1/2" and the fronts on the hammer are 18 1/2" so i was gonna use the rears on the front of the BMS and vice versa. i took off the BMS fronts and they were 17". i didnt want to loose a 1/2" plus droop so i had to sit and think about how i wanted to do this. i started thinking if the bottom mount was more inboard and away from the balljoint like the stock mount was it would be more responsive.when the 800 got delivered the preload was at it's stiffest setting when i took it out the spring softened up but the shock doesnt really want to lift it back up....typical stock!
so i started brainstorming some sort of way to be able to bolt on these fox's with altering anything permanent. so i came up w/ bolt on shock mounts to bolt on these shocks. they move the bottom shock mount inward about an 1 1/2". knock them out and had them fitted and painted before noon. then i had to get home , take my dog to the vet and work on my trailer for next weeks trip. a quick fitting and the front end actually moves when you push down on it. i'll need to take a pressure reading on it because i suspect they probably need for nitrogen. tomoorow will be the rears.

"LUCIFER" JOYNER JD400,
CROSSHAMMER 250R,
YERF GX150,
CROSSFIRE MBX150,
BMS 800V-TWIN
'16 RZR 900s ,
'17 ACE 900XC,
'99KX250,
'94 KDX200,
'18 SSR SR170TX