View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 06:47 PM
Contributor

Buy both don't try to redneck it. Together they are like $20 if you damage stuff trying to make something work then you end up paying way more. If you damage the crank you will want to shoot yourself for not buying the cheap tool.
As far as the starter clutch. Never had to do one yet but I bet you will be able to tell it's bad once you can put hands on it.
I'm by no means anything close to an expert still learning about things on these buggies myself. I have read through nearly every post on every forum that deals with these things and some things I have had to do myself before i could really understand what and why people said To do it a certain way. Most of the stuff on these buggies is not as complicated as it looks but it can seam daunting when your not familiar. Pop the hood of a car and I can go to town but I have had a lot to learn on these. The people on these forums are awesome and know their stuff couldn't have done half the work I have done on mine and not tear something up without their help. Just take your time watch several vids on how to do it, lay out your parts as you take them off and go in order putting them back. You can do it.