Thread: clutch worn?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Contributor

Default clutch worn?

Hello everyone, I'm new as you can see, and just to warn you don't know much about the mechanics of my kart but I've been karting for about 3 years now. I have the Manco 6150 Helix which we have purchased from TS those 3 years ago and I have to say I love every bit of it

My issue/question: Lately I've been able to ride for only about 10 minutes before the clutch begins to drastically slip, at which point I've been trying to feather the throttle a bit to drive for maybe 5 more minutes until I have to bring it in to "cool down." As far as I can tell, it's definitely something wrong with the clutch system, but the question is what part could possibly need replacement? The whole clutch or is there a part in the clutch that would need ordering for replacement?

Second question: I've installed a small headlight kit from Walmart and wired the system up to the key ignition. Ive noticed after about 20 minutes the battery gets really weak if I leave the headlights on, and I've stopped and let it idle with the lights on about half a mile from my house and it has completely stalled. Not fun pushing it back, but I've learned my lesson Is this an alternator problem, or is the 6150 just not designed for the extra load of lights?