View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 11:29 AM
Lurker

I was able to figure out what the rubbing noise was on the rear brake. There was a bolt that held the rear brake caliper bracket to the frame and it extended past the end of the threads and into the disc! The lighter colored rub mark on the disc towards the outside is from the bolt. I backed it off a 1/8" and no more rubbing.

As far as acceleration, the engine has to get to a certain RPM to engage the clutch, but when its in gear and the pedal is to the metal, it definitely goes. Idle is smooth and engine sounds good. I havent driven a carb buggy so cant compare, but it definitely moves!

I found documentation on another buggy model on how to adjust the parking brake. It says to lift the rear wheels off the ground and adjust the adjustment bolt for the parking brake until significant brake friction is felt, then back it off a 14 turn. With the wheels off and the parking brake on , the wheels dont move easily, so it feels like its manually braking it. But on the ground and the parking brake on, I can still push it to move it. I might adjust it a little bit to make it more secure with the brake on for transport. It also mentioned slack in the cable and how to adjust that, but not sure if I need to do that and if it should be at the lever or the brake side of the cable. The documentation says to do it at the brake side of the cable

Last edited by jharding; 05-15-2020 at 11:32 AM.