View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckau View Post
Man oh man ! you really did a number on that one. The roof panel looks like you did a dance on it! well, at least your all right and still have your sense of humor. You must of popped a bead. Don't forget we don't rebound from those hits like we used to. You mentioned a sore neck, try using a neck collar. They can be had at most any cycle suppy that carries motocross stuff. That helmet is heavy and getting slung around like that really snaps the neck around. The collar supports the helmet and takes the stress off your neck. You would be surprised at how much less fatigued you feel after a ride from not using back and neck muscles to hold your head up.

Thanks I will defiantly go buy a neck brace for my daughter and I before the next outing.

I pulled the top plate off the roll bar today and it looks like I bent the crap out of the right front of the cage as well as put a pretty good bow in the front down bar on that side. I had to pull it up 7/16 to get it back square. I am nt really sure how to take the bow out of the down bar with out denting it with my press so I may just have to live with it so I don't cause more damage than I fix trying to straighten it.

I also started welding on the broken fender but didn't have any plasic rod so it is just tacked together until I can find some plastic to finish it up.

It seems there is never a dull moment around here lately.