View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 06:10 AM
Contributor

Luckily, between Dad & Cathy, I had a short, but productive week. Actually got in 4 hours on Fri., and 3hrs on Sat.
Frame is just about completely stripped, cracked areas have been re-welded, a couple of gussets added, bare metal primed.
Waiting on an upper right a-arm, it was really tweeked, then I can heimerize the front, install some KZ440 rear shocks on the front(12.5") relocate the rack, and add a couple of teeth to each side..... anyway, their ain't nothing left to take apart, the frame is repaired...upgrade and reassembly next!

Just before removing steering column, pedals, and cleaning, for an extensive search for cracks, only about 5 found and repaired.

(white primer)

Oh yeah, the swing arm.... gonna get the "ckau" 1" flexproof" axle up grade, with a 3rd sprocket support bearing too...

Now, why all the out side action shots? I have worked myself OUTSIDE. TOO many projects. All LONG TERM, can't just box 'em up, they are, where they are. So this MUST be a short timer, which stacks the odds even HIGHER that I'll be at DP in October, hopefully a break-in run/shakedown or 2, in September.

So here is the question.... the Howhit case looks useable, and I'm still waiting on an email reply about another set. So how extreme should this build get?

I have a couple of NIB cams on hand A9, A14, A15(promised out).
An NCY BBig Valve head( naturally, I'll massage the ports)
2mm stroker crank
59mm BBK
NCY CDI(orange metal case)
Hot coil
Carbs, 24mm CV Keihin, 24mm flatslide Mikuni, 30mm pumper CVK, 30mm NON pumper cvk

All that is on hand, bought and paid for, but I could have my arm twisted to spring for a 61 or 62mm BBK.

CVT & Clutch, yeah, still plenty of leftovers from the scooter days... NIB NCY "blue" racing clutch, to be outfitted with yellow 1500 springs and a 1500 yeller torquer too. NCY clutch bell. Prodigy 115mm vented variator, 10.5G Dr P sliders

And probably a 13/40 rear ratio to start, 41-43 on the shelf ready to be assembled to hubs.