View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Contributor

Thanks guys, It is a really neat place to go ride if you have a day to kill. You can ride all day long and never hit the same trail twice. The only down side is if you are out there alone like I was when I made the videos, you better take it easy, because it could be really easy to get hurt out there and there is no cell phone signal way out there, at times you could be 5 or 6 miles from the truck way down in that canyon.

The week before when I met up with Steve,was the first time I had my Odyssey out there, If you watched all of the videos I posted at about half way thru the third video you can see where I topped out a big sand hill and then headed down the other side. It was at the bottom of that hill I rolled my Ody. The other guy was leading and he made it up the hill. I only made it about 3'4 of the way before I spun out, so I reversed back down the hill and tried to hit it at a run. I made the mistake of keeping the throttle pinned across the deep whoops at the bottom of the hill and that was all it took for it to get away from me. Luckily I wasn't hurt but it made for a long slow ride out of there with the bead broke on the rear tire.