View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Supporting Vendor

You would bore the case to accept a 62mm cylinder. Just make sure whoever bores it knows what they are doing cause if they mess up than it is replace the case or engine. Don't try to cut corners and go the cheap route. Research what works and what doesnot work And just because some one went the easy cheap rout and it worked for several months does not mean it works. What works has been done for years with out any bad effects.Remember all the dealers ,supliers and factories are trying to make money (your Money). There are many inferior parts sold to suppliers than to dealers and finally on to customers all on the factories word. s#%t runs downhill and you are at the bottom of the hill. I can think of at least 4 people right now who went the cheapest route building a performance motor cheaply and with all the money and time they have invested they could of had me build them 2 complete ass kicking motors for the same money they had in total investment and be driving their buggies. As far as the exhaust again trying to cut corners does not pay off. If you want performance than purchase an exhaust system that has been engineered for performance, unless you have access to the $7000.00 Dyno and countless hours tweaking and testing just invest in one proven to do the job.For the mods you are doing opening up the exhaust will do just fine. If you want the FMF slip on give me a call and I can get one for you. Building a performance engine is no cheap task no matter how you look at it.Decide on what your budget will let you do and save. Remember we are all out here to make money your money some make their money honestly and some don't. Everybody wants to get the best deal but the cheapest deal is many times not the best deal in the long run. For example if you research the performance exhausts for atv's you will find they cost in the area of $300.00 up to $700.00. You are paying not only for the materials used but also for the research and development some educated person with experiancehas invested. There was available at one time the eastside exhaust which was $300.00 plus. This made a huge performance improvement, than someone sent one to China to copy and the result was although $100.00 cheaper did not perform 1/2 as well, did not fit properly and did not last as long. Waste of money in my opinion.Educate yourself and buy smart cause as PT Barnum once said there is a sucker born every minute. TOM