View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 08:19 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carova Beach Buggy View Post
Thanks for the pics. They explain a lot. I like your carb spacer getting it over the frame.

As a side effect longer intake runners also help produce torque down low. Of coarse what the runner grows the intake needs to shrink, thats why my redneck intake is short.

That catch can is about redneck as it gets, just some 2 inch pvc and 2 end caps. The fitting going in has a piece of tube inside it that extends it to about 1/2 inch off the bottom. I then packed the inside with stainless steel pot scrubbers. I like using pot scrubbers because they don't break down like steel wool does (even SS steel wool). In the bottom for a drain I tapped the cap and put a bolt in it. Later on I plan on putting a real on/off drain. I then painted it so it doesn't look like the plumbing section of a hardware store. I think I have about $2 in the whole thing because I had to buy one barb, the rest was stuff I already had in my shop. I do wish I would had made it a inch or 2 longer to have a bit more capacity but it works. We drained it the other day, if I'm thinking straight I'll try to get a picture next time I drain it (in a few days) to show exactly what does come out.

Last edited by neo71665; 06-01-2019 at 08:22 AM.