View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 08:52 PM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggymike1976 View Post
Well I went today bout a 36t #50 sprocket its a blank but I'm gonna go with that first....
Right now on chain drive area in a 2 to 1 if I bring it up to 36 that will bring me up to a 2.2 to 1 if I went with 39 that would move to a 2.4 to 1 ill try this until I can find me a 12 or 13 pinion that fits my buggy...i have the reverse on mine so its the six bolt sprocket... Dont know if they make smaller than 16....
By lighten ur buggy do you think it made difference...also what is the rule for jetting that's one thing I have never done that..i know how to but dont know proper way...is it just test and trial or what....that's alot of weight though to remove...im working on new exhaust using empty map gas bottle the small ones....im gonna have it where its a slip joint like mine
And one tip, but I will fill the whole inside with steel wool..
Again thanks for tips
Making it lighter made a big difference. Power to wieght ratio is what it's all about.

I always just jet it up as high as I can without fouling the plug or until I stop gaining power and speed.

Look at a slip on pipe for a sport bike, the packing is around the outside not in the path of the exhaust.

Last edited by liduno; 12-18-2014 at 08:58 PM.