View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 11:48 AM
Supporting Vendor

You really need to check the sprockets after the build in other words don't get ahead of things. My RPM's are so high after I installed my custom camshaft in the buggy along with a 34mm Mikuni slide carb. Prior to the carb and cam I was at about 8200 RPM at top speed so I doubt you will have issues with to high RPM. With the long rod stroke you will have much more torque at the wheels so with the winding curves or climbing I think you will be happy with the results as compared to if the short rod was used rpm's would be much higher. You could compare the difference between a long and short rod to a big block and small block engine. The small block spools up much higher whereas the big block will give you the torque. After the build drive it than upgrade to a 26mm Mikuni VM series round slide carb and you won't believe the difference in performance over the cv carb but you will either have to make a spacer or new intake for the slide carb to work but well worth the effort in performance gains. If you do go that rout spend the extra money and purchase from carbs unlimited for they are the US distributor for Mikuni and he will help you dial the carb in to that motor since a slide tunes much different than a cv carb and if you have never done one from scratch he will be a great source of help when you purchase from him.