View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Lurker

Default carbide 150 no spark

hello everyone. I think this is my first post. lol. anyway I have a 2007 fox carbide 150. the guy I got it from gave me the original cdi because he had an aftermarket cdi installed on the buggy. I was riding a couple weeks ago and spotted a pair of mexican eagles at the back of my property so I very abruptly killed to cart not to spook them. after I was finished checking them out I went to start the engine and it would not start. it would just turn over. without doing any troubleshooting whatsoever I replaced the cdi(suspecting it had went out) with the used factory cdi that I acquired with the buggy. it immediately fired right up and I took off with no problems. after about 10 minutes of riding it's like someone just flipped a switch and it died. would not start back up. so I figured the old used cdi had also went bad. I ordered a new cdi (cheapo) and ignition coil from amazon thinking I would be good to go but when I installed them it still wouldn't start. I'm an entry level motor vehicle mechanic at ccad in corpus Christi so I can figure this out. it's just my weak point is electrical and the manual is confusing the crap out of me. if someone could clarify the ignition troubleshooting procedures on an engine that is not running I would really appreciate it. also what's the best way to rule out a bad kill switch. thanks in advance.

adam