View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Supporting Vendor

I also feel that your spark problem is in the ignition switch, another way to check is with either a test light or volt ohm meter at the ignition switch.You will have a live wire all the time, find it then turn the switch to the on position and look for the ignition hot, most are black with a white trace, while your light or meter is connected to this wire turn the key to the start position watching the reaction of the light or meter. The way you described it I'll bet it is the switch. The choke however is a different story. All the buggies I have worked on the choke works right off the stator, so just by turning the ignition switch on will not power the choke the engine must be running for it to get power. Seeing that you have replaced the carb I would not worry about the choke as of now Lets figure your spark problem out first. I would first spray some WD-40 in the ign switch and then cycle it several times then try to start it and run it. I found that the contacts inside the switch stick due to being gummed up or corroded. If you find it works ok after the WD-40 I would still plan on replacing the switch.

Tom