View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 03:53 PM
Lite Contributor

Adjusted as suggested above. Air fuel screw is aadjusted out 1 and 1/3 out. Idle speed is out 1 1/4. Here's a pic of the plug. I ran it up and down the street wide open, turned the kill switch off and coasted to stop. Not sure if you can see in the picture but the plug looks pretty good to me. A nice dark tan/coffee with a touch of milk color. No wetness. Gaint stumble from take off with alot of tthrottl. Ease into it and and about 10 mp3 it starts pulling bette, can floor it from there and runs great to top speed. Would the float cause a stumble like that, iI thought if it was out of adjustment it would run out of gas on the top end when it's using the most gas, it seems like even a small amount of gas in the bowl would be enough to take off. The clip on tthe needle jet is one position higher (so the needle sits lower tried the other way and still had the same problem.). I haven't checked the Compression yet because I tester iI have doesn't fit in the spark plug hole. I guess I have to figure out an adapter. Anyways just so I am clear the hesitation is caused by to much fuel right? Should I try the clip in the last position dropping the needle as far as it goes? I also have the black slide the needle sits in that's is stamped 35, the one that came with it says 40. What do those numbers mean, and should I switch them around?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1419370349438.jpg (99.1 KB, 4 views)