View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 04:07 AM
Contributor

Thats what I was meaning.

DC systems require 12v from the battery to operate the CDI and signal from the stator to create spark
So if the battery dies if its just a bad battery you can jump it and it will run off the charging system.
If the battery died due to a bad regulator or charging side of the stator failure your can still jump it but as soon as you disconnect the supplied power the system will shut down or run like crap.

On an AC system the power for the CDI is supplied by the stator so if the battery dies the system will run once jumped and doesn't require anything from the battery or charging side of the system to continue to do so.
The down side of this is that if it wont jump and you know your battery is dead then you probably have a bad CDI or stator.

Granted wires shorted will throw gremlins into either system and fuel/AIR issues could be other culprits.

Im just using this as a busted battery type scenario where there are no other issues involved except the power to the CDI.

I was putting it to simplified and it had the potential to cause confusion and that's what SYCARMS is trying to correct so that people are not getting incomplete information.
Plus there is the fact that some buggies refuse to be wired differently than originally set up.

SYCARMS thanks for pointing it out Im far from being an expert and I tend to over simplify things and we want to help people not confuse them more.

Last edited by plee911; 04-26-2018 at 04:49 AM.