View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 08:44 AM
Heavy Contributor

Default post upgrade report

Okay, I took my stock TM 150XRX upgraded the crap out of it over the winter, and finally got to take it on the trails last weekend. Well, the 4V head i think probably gives it the most noticeable boost. That thing pulls like crazy. Top speed has improved but my speedo stopped working (someone might have forgot to tighten the flat nut on the sensor... )but it was still pulling at 39 MPH. I love the traitech vapor, but the engine temp display doesn't always work ( it either gives the temp or says "----") I might have to re-time my valves too. I thought I could hear a little tapping coming from the head when I pulled it up on the trailer, and it looks like it yakked a little oil out the uni head breather filter.. Also, I need to secure my intake, I now see how the old intake connector got torn, but the radiator hose I replaced it with is much stronger. Not having much experience with CVT transmissions, it's tough to tell where the engine mod performance gains end and the Dr. Pulley upgrade gains start, as I did all at once. All in all, I happy so far. Next is SHOCKS!!
Taida 4V head with 23/22mm valves, forged 4V piston,Taida 62mm jug,forged Taida 8200 KDU stroker crank, Koso high-flow oil pump, Taida case half w/ oil cooler ports, Setrab oil cooler,TrailTec Vapor, Mikuni VM26-606, aluminum 30mm intake, Uni filter, aluminum stack, Hammerhead racing exhaust, MotoRio adjustable CDI/HO Coil, Iridium plug, Full Dr Pulley CVT kit w/ 16g sliders, JD's Mikuni slide kit

2014 Kandi 90B

Last edited by wildbob; 06-05-2014 at 10:04 AM.