View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 09:22 AM
Heavy Contributor

Pulled the seat and valve cover off to check valve adjustment. seemed ok, but re-did it to make sure at .004". Oil flow to the head is good, as I found out by cranking the motor with the valve cover off .. Guess I'll have to pull the jug and look for physical indications and throw a spacer or extra gasket in if it looks too close. The motor runs awesome however, so it might just be a clearance issue. Hopefully, nothing is too banged up. I do have a 4V piston in there but it's a high compression piston, so that might add to the clearance problem. It's just odd that I didn't hear it until I had hit the trails a bit. As for the vapor still cant get the temp to stay up, but until I feel safe to run the motor longer, it'll have to wait. Rain all weekend, so I guess it's no loss to tear it down.. I'd post a short video of it running if I could, so you hear it yourselves, but don't think I can..
Taida 4V head with 23/22mm valves, forged 4V piston,Taida 62mm jug,forged Taida 8200 KDU stroker crank, Koso high-flow oil pump, Taida case half w/ oil cooler ports, Setrab oil cooler,TrailTec Vapor, Mikuni VM26-606, aluminum 30mm intake, Uni filter, aluminum stack, Hammerhead racing exhaust, MotoRio adjustable CDI/HO Coil, Iridium plug, Full Dr Pulley CVT kit w/ 16g sliders, JD's Mikuni slide kit

2014 Kandi 90B

Last edited by wildbob; 06-13-2014 at 10:16 AM.