View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 11:13 AM
Lurker

I realize it's very hard to remote diagnose, no easier than a car really.

The buggy has less than 40 hours on it and it states in the manual to replace the gearbox oil after 3000km (1864 miles). I'm at half that (if I were driving 30mph the entire time I used the buggy). Does the gear box oil season or break down like gas and that's the reason you suggest changing it?

Anyone familiar with changing gearbox oil, I could really use some help locating the fill bolt for the gear box. Here is a picture from the manual which at least shows the gear box drain plug but not the fill plug (of course):

That drain plug (#22) doesn't appear to show the location in the picture as much as just what size it is. It's a bit high in the picture to be a drain, but I'm guessing.

This is what the manual states for "gearbox oil":

DRIVE COMPONENTS
Gear box oil MoS2 & W -2DW-4D

Does this mean it needs both (?) or that it can use either of these? I've seen many references to MoS2 on videos/forums/sites but the -2DW-4D is a bit confusing to a newbie like me

Once I locate the unicorn of a fill plug I'll be happy to try replacing the gearbox oil up to the bottom of that fill plug bolt hole and see if the whining goes away. Once..... I locate it .

Thanks!