View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 04:08 PM
Lurker

I bought mine not last Christmas but the previous one so I believe we bought at the same time

The whole unit was put together pretty easily, just was a little tedious with all the double sided bolts and ate a few battery packs on the ratchet. The engine is another story altogether.

I'm not revving the engine putting it into gear (with the gas pedal), I've driven manual tranny mustangs most of my life so I know not to do that. However through the thread it was mentioned my idle is set too high, and it is exactly the same as hitting the gas pedal a pinch. The engine idle needs to be lowered.

Also mentioned in this thread, I have to take the CVT cover off and see if the CVT is engaged too early. If it is, I have a spare variator because it used to take a ton of RPM to get the kart moving, as if the weights in the variator were stuck. After some high RPMs it would engage but be like starting in 3rd gear with no torque. After we replaced the magneto, for some reason that problem went away. TM sent me a spare clutch and variator that I still have new so if it gives me any issues, I already have parts xD. I don't have a spare belt though.

Interesting info on the "user" created owners manual. That makes me want to make one as well haha. I have plenty of memories of 15 hours into engine diagnosing.. I will try to find that manual just for fun

I have a 110cc kandi KD49FM5-E that he fits in well, I just don't. That's why I opted for what I thought was just a little bigger kart. That and the tranny isn't a torque converter, it feels like it's a single gear. Starts very low torque and gains it a lot in mid to high range. It comes as a 3-gear by default and I really think it needed those 3 gears. The auto is just... so... slow.... But the TM300XRX makes up for that . I should just tie off the smaller car to the TM's hitch and pull it...

Thanks for the manual tip!