View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Supporting Vendor

How are you checking the spark?, at wire or at plug. It's best to pull the plug and ground it to engine then observe spark. It should be bright blue, not bluish white or yellow but bright blue. Once you determine that good spark is present the next is the fuel. Since you have been cranking on it fuel should be in carb bowl. Open the drail at bottom of bowl to make sure fuel is comming out about 2-3 ounces. If fuel bowl is filling then carb is getting fuel. Provided you have good compression and valve lash is set correctly it should start unless carb is plugged. You must remember that you purchased a used unit. It's been my experiance that people will tell you anything to sell something. For this reason if the equiptment I am looking at will not run then they can either get it running or I will offer the lowest ball price for it. Make all those checks I mentioned and give us the results. Also what does it do when using starting fluid, and what process did the mechanic use in cleaning the carb. Not trying to agitate you, its just the buggy is not in front of me so I need as much accurate information as possible to help. Remember it's very simple that when fuel and air is present a good spark will make it go boom everytime on a mechanically sound engine. If one of the 3 are not present or insufficient it will not go boom most of the time. Take some deep breaths walk away for a while then check the above and if you like give me a call @ 662-301-1563 and well get it running for you if at all possible before Christmass.

TOM