View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 11:38 AM
Contributor

Yeah, I was having a little fun with the title. The Piston will go on my "Shelf of Shame", where I keep some of the more interesting fails that I run into.

Now I know why I got the Yerf so cheap. From the amount of aluminum that had been transferred onto the cylinder, this engine should have been seized, but the top end had never been taken off. In fact when I removed the cylinder, I just bumped it with my hand and it slid up. However, the fan shroud had been taken loose and not been put back just right. So I suspect that the PO seized the motor, pulled the fan shroud and broke it loose with a wrench.

I'm not complaining though, with just a little bit of sweat equity, someone will get a nice buggy and I will be able to get my purchase price back many times over.

Just remember, never throw away your old parts, you never know when they may come in handy.

Just added - 2007 Joyner 250 SV - Let the fun begin

4-Dirt Bikes, Baja Bug and enough toys to keep me in the garage and out of trouble.