View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Default How do you add a UNI filter to a GY6 helix or carbide?

This has been asked a few times so I thought I would start a quickie thread on it.

Look at the pic below. That is a complete setup for a helix or a carbide. It would likely work on any GY6 but the variable comes in when deciding how to connect the carb to the UNI. You can't connect it directly because the frame bar would interfere.

What you do is go to lowes or home depot and get a piece of drain. This same kind of drain used for your kitchen sink so find the plumbing section.

You need the drain pipe, a rubber coupler, and a hose clamp. Take the UNI with you so you can get the correct size pipe (I think it is 1.5 inches). Once you have the right size pipe, get a rubber coupler (that's the grey piece on the right side of the drain pipe in the pic). It connects from the pipe to your carb. It will be found in the same section as the drain pipe. Then get one hose clamp. It connects the rubber coupler to the pipe and you use your stock hose clamp to connect to the carb.

The only thing you have to do otherwise is measure how far out you need the UNI to come out to clear the frame and you cut the drain pipe to that length and bolt it all together.

See this thread for how to rejet your carb:

http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168