View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 08:12 AM
Contributor

Well the weekend didn't go as planned. I spent Friday night getting everything buttoned up and ready for play on Saturday. I headed out Saturday morning to pick up a couple jets and found out all the local bike shops decided to take the day off for a long holiday weekend. Can't blame them for that.

It was killing me to have the buggy sitting there so Sunday I took an old 114 jet and drilled it out to approx a 130. With the 125 jet I had in it I could get it to start and idle rough but anytime the gas pedal was applied it would die. With the 130ish jet I could get it to idle and drive but anything over 3/4 throttle would bog down. I hope to pick up some jets today and search the forum for hints/tips for getting the carb dialed in. Anyone want to provide their thoughts on the needle settings or good starting point for jet size? The head has been port, polished and milled. I dropped a 59mm cyclinder in it. Stock carb.

What little I did get to drive it I'm excited to get it finished up. The thing just feels solid. Kudos to you guys for advising me to weld the cage fully.

I was telling the father-in-law how the front tires don't help with turning on gravel but that was to be expected with all that power lifting the front end off the ground. He just grinned at me. Also my son thinks the horn needs tested everytime he walks by. Funny how they navigate to those things. Have a good one.