View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 11:47 AM
Lurker

Default Carter Talon Gy6 Kart Project!!

I am new here, but, have been reading some threads and this looks like the place to be for everything go-kart related. I know very little about small engines and am trying to learn them. The last project i had was repairing an old 3hp roto tiller that was from the 70's. I was able to rebuild the carb on it and it fires first pull every time. I am picking up the Carter Talon Kart tonight for $125, it looks like it's in need of lots of repairs. I will take pictures of it tonight if it still is light out when I get home. Things I've noticed when paying for it was that the cover was removed from what I belived to be the CVT. And he said the engine was "locked up", and the steering wheel was broken. I've seen some Gy6's on ebay, but, didn't know how hard it was, and what tools I would need to try to rebuild the engine. Or, if its smarter to just buy a diffrent engine and adapt it to the cart.
I seen the sticky thread with the Gy6 manual, is there any other manuals that anyone has for my Kart?

Thanks,

Here are the photos of it from the craigslist add.
IMG_0750[1].JPG
IMG_0751[1].JPG