View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 05:44 PM
Contributor

My tires and wheels came in today . The Joyner hubs are kind of a bastard size. Luckily with a lot of searching and help, I found out that the wheels from an 2000 Arctic Cat would fit. I found a complete set with good tires on the bay for $150 total shipped. They are 23s in the front and 24s in the rear on 12" rims. Personally, I would rather gone a little smaller, but with the Joyner disc brakes, I had to go with a 12" rim. Hopefully my gearing will be close to the same as the stock Polaris. It had 24s on the back, but they are a little smaller then the tires that I got. However, the stock rear sprocket, was a 41 tooth and the Joyner sprocket I found is a 45 tooth. This should get me close, and I can also go down on the countershaft sprocket if I have to. I would really like to keep the gearing as close to stock as possible. That way I can have the low gear for creeping and hill climbing, and The high gear for general driving.

Just added - 2007 Joyner 250 SV - Let the fun begin

4-Dirt Bikes, Baja Bug and enough toys to keep me in the garage and out of trouble.

Last edited by toomanytoys2; 09-25-2013 at 06:02 PM.