View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Contributor

I appreciate the heads up, but I have also talked with Rick. However, that was after I bought the engine rebuild pieces off of eBay. Since I already have all of the parts, I plan on finishing the build with the 250, so at least it will be a test mule for the rest of the buggy. I also plan on running some air ducts to the engine and the quad I gutted game with the optional cooling fan. I also have a couple of high velocity, low draw 12V fans that I plan on using as well.

The way I look at it is I won't have much money in the 250 and if it works out good, but seems under powered or hot running, then I will look for a larger Polaris quad. Most of these quads seem to have the same basic engine cradle, so if I do have to upgrade, hopefully I can do it with minimal modifications.

Ideally, I would have rather started out with something like a Joyner 250 frame and a larger Polaris quad, but what I have practically fell in my lap, so it kind of dictated the direction that I am going.

Just added - 2007 Joyner 250 SV - Let the fun begin

4-Dirt Bikes, Baja Bug and enough toys to keep me in the garage and out of trouble.