View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 07:27 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckau View Post
I had considered something like this several times for the same reasons as yours. My approach was to use cogged gears in place of the variator and clutch pulley and incorporate a toothed belt, basically a belt drive system. I figured this way would allow the use of a OEM style clutch, keep strain off the crank bearings and retain the transmission for gear ratio options. It's one of those rainy day ideas that never materialized but I think it could work if the motor afforded enough torque.
It would mean the motor would be suited for one purpose only, Flat tracking! and that's not a bad thing!
We run on a 1/10 mile banked short track that is great for the 150's. This track would be compared to yours as Bristol is to Talladega.
I'm located in RTP area and if possible, would love to come see what you guys are doing.
That sounds similar in concept, we only RACE the kart so not worried about climbing or anything like that.
We have an amazing facility down here in Fayetteville, Rockfish-Motorsports. We have two divisions based on age for the 150cc buggies. Tons of fun and very competitive racing.
But I did just find a gear change option which I assume is for the transmission? We cannot alter the sprocket so we have to change gears with tire size, or perhaps the transmission.
PM me if you want details on the track, or look it up at www.rockfish-motorsports.com
10 wins in 2013